Hi Diana,

Have you read yesterdays posts Subject: SLOW Leopard?
Especially James Devenish last reply.

The lack of RAM would be attributing to the slowness.
Plus, older drives are significantly slower than current drives.
But, it certainly sounds "sick" ...

How old is this iMac, 2003 / 2004 model?

17" MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo
2.4 GHz / 4GB / 800MHz / 500GB
OS X 10.6.2 Snow Leopard
Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)