On 08/01/2010, at 7:51 PM, Neil Botterill wrote:

> New year best wishes to everyone
>
> I am trying to install mobile broadband on a 24" iMac running system X.4.11
>
> When I try to connect I get an error message saying that the modem is being
> used by another application.  Could it be that a network preference file is
> corrupt and if so how can I fix it ?

Hi Neil,

What Mobile Broadband is it? What dongle are you using?

You aren't trying to connect while you are already connected to a wireless
Network are you?
If so turn Airport Off & try to connect.

You don't have a fax or something connected?

17" MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo
2.4 GHz / 4GB / 800MHz / 500GB
OS X 10.6.2 Snow Leopard
Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)