Hello all

Many thanks for all the suggestions and hints.

I have done lots of research and learnt heaps about usb mics!!!

I borrowed an iMic from a friend and tried out my very basic Logitec mic but was not happy with the sound quality.

I have now settled on a "Blue Yeti" which was released last year to rave reviews. It does just about everything but cook dinner!!!
Probably over the top for what I need.

I located one in Melb and am now having great fun recording the voiceover for my first iMovie DVD. Beautiful, rich sound!

Regards

Marlene Oostryck