He he...

Isn't it amazing at this stage of development that email clients still
mangle URLs?!

No, Paul, there wasn't a space in the original URL - well not as copied and
pasted directly from the browser address bar to the email message (and even
inserted into <> brackets to try & hold it all together!)

However, I have no doubt that when you opened the message you DID find a
space capriciously inserted into the URL - it often happens!

Interestingly:

-   When I received my original post back from WAMUG the link was fine, but
-   In the WAMUG archive, the link is broken
-   When you got my original post from WAMUG, you obviously found the link
broken
-   When you replied to my post, your reply came back with my link (in my
quoted message) back to being a working link (both as I received it AND in
the WAMUG archive)

I would lay bets that amongst list members many received the original post
with the link working whilst many others found it broken!

At least with the visual indication of the link in the email it is pretty
obvious if clicking on the link is going to work or not (ie is the whole URL
showing as the link or only part of it)

One feature I like with modern versions of Safari & Firefox is that if you
copy and paste (all of) an obviously broken link from the email they seem to
detect the offending space and connect you anyway!

All part of the joys of computers!

Cheers

Neil
--