Hi Barb,

Sorry, when I referred to the differences between 10.3 & 10.6, I meant the
different menu configurations you are describing (on OSX 10.3.9) from what I
see (on OSX 10.6.2).

The FileVaultMaster stuff is, as you say, probably down to the school IT
team changing & locking down certain items to keep the students out of them
- however you have always used Keychain on the OSX macs - it's just that you
may not have been aware of it as it is generally operating quietly in the
background so many people never have the need to fire-up the Keychain Access
utility.

There are actually lots of little utilities that Apple provides to let you
tweak/inspect/fix things if you go looking for them - some people enjoy
playing with all this but many people prefer the "if it's not broken - don't
mess with it" approach - of course, when it IS broken, you have to mess with
it ;)

Cheers

Neil
--