Hi Adrian,

20 gigs would be heaps if you were just going to install 7, your software and
have room for updates and a bit of processing.

You'd probably end up taking around 10 gigs for Windows 7.

Personally, I'd put more if you can afford it - resizing the bootcamp partition
sucks, and you do need a lot of spare space to do it, usually double the size
you want the partition to be - eg if you want a 50 gig partition, you'll may
need 100 gigs of free space on your hard disk to do this.  It can be a bit of a
messy process if you need to change.

Otherwise, using a virtual machine might be a better option as you can always
resize that as you need with less hassle.

Gav