Hi Adrian,

I agree with using a virtual machine. I've been using Parallels from version 3,
4 & now 5.
I have had WindowsXP Pro, Windows Vista Ultimate (what a CPU user was Vista), &
now Windows 7 Ultimate installed in Parallels 5.

My Windows 7 virtual machine is 11.02GB. The "Expanding Disk" recommended
install in Parallels is great, as it just expands as Windows requires more
space.

If you really have to use Windows on a Mac, I highly recommend Parallels 5.

On 26/03/2010, at 11:16 AM, Roger Kortas wrote:

> Hi Adrian
>
> As Gavin said I think you are better off using a virtual machine :)
>
> So:
>
> Fusion
> Parallels
> Virtual Box
>
> If you want to buy Parallels there is a good deal on at the moment at
> http://www.mupromo.com/
>
> Have a look.
>
> Roger
>
> On 26/03/2010, at 10:42 AM, Adrian Skehan wrote:
>

>> Good morning all,
>>
>> Can some one please advise me how much disk space will be take if I install
>> Windows 7 on an iMac (Intel & Snow Leopard) using Boot Camp or other
>> appropriate software.
>>
>> I do not intend installing a lot of windows application as I only require it
>> to run Family Search software and maybe use it to verify that my windows
>> victim friends will be able to play the odd CD/DVD that I send them.
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Adrian
>> adrianske...@me.com

17" MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo