Hi Peter,

Your description is not very clear as to how your network is set-up.

You say:
> We connect to an Apple Airport Express which connect to a G5 and
> Windows PC via Ethernet, they all work fine,  just the G4 that's not
> working.

So are you saying the internet connection is distributed via both the
ethernet network (for some machines) and wirelessly via the Airport Express
(for other machines).

If so, do all the other working machines confirm that both the ethernet and
wireless network are working correctly (ie you can make an internet
connection to both networks via one or other working machines.

If so, and your only problem is that the G4 was connected via ethernet and
is not now working - leading you to suspect the ethernet port is faulty (in
which case the G4 will not be able to see the network or other machines on
it and vice-versa) - then have you tried connecting the G4 wirelessly to the
airport Express and connecting to the net that way.

A lot of ifs which can be cut-down by a better description of just how your
network is configured & how your internet connection is distributed.

Cheers

Neil
--
Neil R. Houghton