Daniel

Thanks very much indeed for the answers to my questions, I really appreciate it.

I have some googling to do!!

Best regards

Chris

On 16/04/2010, at 6:23 PM, Daniel Kerr wrote:

Hi Chris

Answers as below.....

On 16/4/10 9:13 AM, "Chris Burton" <c...@it.net.au> wrote:

Hi Dan

Thanks very much for the info on these new machines. They do sound
pretty impressive.

Yes, from what I've read,...good machines.
A 512gb solid state drive!! Wow that is amazing. Do you know of any
feed back on these drives?
Solid State Drives always get good write ups. Very fast and responsive for a lot of things. Plus the advantage of no moving parts. Though, still very
expensive. 512MB SSD Drive is AUD$1820.
Also, a choice between a glossy and anti-glare LED backlit display.
These are all new to me Dan! Which is the most useful display? I met
with a guy down here this week and he had a new 13" model (about 3
months old) that had a very clear and bright display that just looked
excellent. Would that have been a 'glossy' display?
Yes, that would be a glossy screen. Which is better? That's a personal
decision I'm afraid. Each person will weigh in why one is better then other and is an argument,..err discussion that's ongoing. It's something you need to just google and see what people prefer, and see each to decide. Also depends on the type of work your doing and where. Some will agree one is better then the other for inside or outside work. I personally find the glossy fine, and I use it inside and out on the road. But that's me. Others
I know prefer the anti-glare (matte) display for colour work as it's
"better". Yet I've heard people say it makes no difference. So which is
better,...is hard to say I'm afraid.

I also saw earlier this week that the new CS5 suite has been released
by Adobe. They just keep on coming dont they! I imagine the suite will
cost, but photoshop etc should have a stack of improvements. Im still
using CS2!!

Yes CS5 has been "announced". Not released yet, just announced. It's infact still being tested by developers, so it's not quite out there yet. From what I read we'll see it around October probably. (That's according to rumours and what I've read around,...so yeh,...no real info or pricing on it as
yet).

Best regards and thanks again for your info it is very interesting.

Chris

No problems on all that.

Kind Regards
Daniel
(Who prefers to go by Daniel for those that shorten it please) ;o))