Hi Sam, Hi Ronni,

Sam, if I understand you correctly, iTunes is playing your existing library
of songs fine - in which case, I don't think it can be down to any general
system sound/volume settings.

>From what you are saying, a CD - presumably in the built-in CD player (you
don't say what your computer/configuration is) shows as playing but outputs
no sound.

Also, although a track appears to import into iTunes, playback of an
imported track (presumably one imported since the problem first appeared)
also gives no sound output.

To me, that sounds like the problem is with the signal/data transfer between
the CD drive and iTunes. Is the optical drive working in all other respects
- ie does a DVD play OK with sound, does a data CD and/or DVD read OK?

Cheers

Neil
--
Neil R. Houghton