Hi Paul, if you go to Ken Rockwell's site, be aware that he is often taking a
'tongue in cheek' approach with extreme statements about cameras. He doesn't
expect you to take what he says too literally.

I second the reference to www.dpreview.com. It can sometimes steer you away
from cameras that sound good when you look at the manufacturers's sites, but
actually may have flaws which will impact on your style of shooting. Usually
its a matter of choosing a camera which best suits you - they all have
limitations.

I also like www.bythom.com, but this is mostly a Nikon site. I find him more
balanced and thoughtful than Ken, plus he's a Mac user. He has helpful comments
about the usefulness of the iPad for photographers.

regards, Susan.