Hi Jennifer,

I agree, MacSpeech Dictate  <http://store.apple.com/au/product/TR284X/A>
$299.95 at Apple Store, but you might locate it cheaper through Daniel Kerr
'MacWizardry'.

Have a look at David Pogue using the software on a Mac. ;-)
<http://video.nytimes.com/video/2008/01/24/technology/personaltech/1194817092442/speech-recognition-comes-to-the-mac.html>

17" MacBook Pro  Intel Core i7
2.66GHz / 4GB / 1067 MHz DDR3 / 500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200rpm

OS X 10.6.3 Snow Leopard