On 31/05/2010, at 3:52 PM, Kyle Kreusch wrote:

> Hi Jennifer
>
> When it comes to Speech Recognition Software I have found there is only one
> name to trust Nuance Communications. I have been searching for years for
> reliable speech recognition software to help out with my reading and writing
> disability.
>
> Several years back I discovered Nuance's Dragon NaturallySpeaking Which I had
> been running virtually for several years in Windows on my Mac In 2008
> MacSpeech announced MacSpeech, Dictate at MacWorld 2008  which was completely
> built on Nuance's Dragon NaturallySpeaking Engine
>
> Unfortunately I had nothing but problems with the program into they released
> a new version last year "MacSpeech Dictate v1.5+". Since the release of
> version 1.5+ I have now fully switched to using MacSpeech, Dictate and since
> November last year I have not run Dragon NaturallySpeaking Once.
>
> Nuance Communications Have also been impressed with MacSpeech's dictate
> product's and their progress on the Mac platform so several months ago they
> purchased the company.
>

> Anyway all my e-mails sent on (GMUG) and WAMUG Mailing List's are entirely
> dictated using speech recognition software I also run several websites and
> The Geraldton Macintosh User Group's Entire website was dictated using speech
> recognition software

Hi Kyle,

> Ronni mentions David Pogue in one of her e-mails David uses Dragon
> NaturallySpeaking to dictate all his books and his New York Times column

Not anymore ;-)
David Pogue doesn't use Dragon anymore.
What he uses is MacSpeech Dictate and he wrote that he has been using it for
quite some time now.
So if David Pogue uses it, others should definitely give it a try, too.

The current version is MacSpeech Dictate version 1.5.5

Kyle, Have you tried MacSpeech Scribe? If so, how does MacSpeech Dictate $289
compare to MacSpeech Scribe $199?
Both seem to do much the same, but obviously MacSpeech Dictate must do more, or
better …
<http://www.voicerecognition.com.au/macspeech_dictate.htm>

17" MacBook Pro  Intel Core i7
2.66GHz / 4GB / 1067 MHz DDR3 / 500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200rpm