Hello Rob,

Thanks for your reply, I had looked at .htaccess some time back, but never
found the time to pursue the possibilities.

I had thought of perhaps:
Creating a second Site in iWeb with ‘No Password Protection’ displaying an
'Introduction and Description of my Tutorials' and move it to the top of the
list in iWeb.
It would then be the default site when published to MobileMe.

Then link from the 'Introduction & Description' site, to my other site which is
password protected.

I guess this would be similar to what David suggested.

Thanks again Rob for your impute.