Hi All --

-- I've been thinking of setting up a new home audio system, and would
welcome suggestions of how to do this. I had in mind something like a
Mac Mini (hence why I've latched on to this thread), with inputs (as
needed) from a CD player, radio tuner, tape recorder, 78/45/33
turntable etc, maybe also playlists on a HD.

-- For output, I was wondering if it would be feasible to have
wireless-linked (but mains-powered) speakers, at a reasonable cost.
With such a setup, it should be possible to choose any audio source
and have playback from portable speakers anywhere in the house or
garden.

-- Would a Mac Mini (or laptop) centre be overkill in this situation,
could I do just as well with a system of switches? Any ideas
appreciated.

Cheers --

David Noel
2010 Aug 11