I am a newcomer to Macs & when I needed help Kevin was the one who put his hand up, along with Mike Armson, & also not forgetting Andrew Schox who rebuilt & gave me the old eMac in the first place Thanks to the three of you, also the amount of knowledge available on this site & so many willing to help is amazing.
Derek
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ken Jackson" <k...@littleriverstudios.com.au>
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2010 3:47 PM
Subject: Re: MacBook bits

Kevin, you're a saint.

You donate a fantastic service to people in need of it & we all applaud you for it, on behalf of a friend you once helped, thanks again.

best regards,

Ken

On 19/08/2010, at 3:22 PM, KEVIN Lock wrote:

Thanks for that information about  MacBook bits.

Perhaps I should explain that I restore old Macs given to me and give them at no cost to needy folks. I replace the PRAM battery at no cost, and give them with phone backup when folks need a bit of advice.

In posting to the list I was hoping that someone had a broken down MacBook in a cupboard that I could raid for some parts. As I said, this MacBook works, but has had a very hard life with many cracks and scratches.

Looking at the links it would seem that with a battery, power pack and a screen I would be up for more than a secondhand MacBook, something that my altruism doesn't run to.

regards

Kev

Sorry, the URL got mangled. Try this one.

http://tinyurl.com/36nearj

Regards

Peter...