I'm sorry people, please disregard my previous email as it is incorrect in my
case.
I just checked my MobileMe Account details and find I originally used my
Mastercard for renewing and then changed my account details to renew using my
AMEX card.
I have never experienced any problem with either card.

Sorry for the confusion, I knew I should not answer any emails tonight. All
week-end I've been working on an iMac with a failed hard drive for a client
which I eventually managed to recover all their data onto an external drive of
mine … they had never backed up ;-( .
I then had the delightful time consuming job of setting up and 'manually'
transferring eight (8) User Accounts Data onto a new 27" iMac.

I thought week-ends were supposed to be for relaxing :-)