Hi Chris

The promo code is not really used, unless it was a "special offer". Not so
much for your old code.
According to quick google search, and this link, you'll be eligible:-
<http://www.filemaker.com/purchase/store/buying_faq.html#1>
(Bear in mind pricing is in USD)
But it says,..
---quote---
FileMaker Pro 8    US$179.00 until Sep. 23, 2010.  After Sep. 23, 2010,
purchase full version for US$299.00*
---end quote---

So you should be fine.
You didn't look locally to see if you can get it cheaper rather then buying
online?

Hope that helps.
Kind Regards
Daniel

On 28/8/10 11:32 AM, "Chris Burton" <c...@it.net.au> wrote:

> Hi Peter
>
> Thanks for the details on the upgrade to FMPro V 11 as I think I am
> eligible with version 8 advanced.
>
> I would like to buy the Box set and have been through the store up to
> the Shopping Cart screen.
> However it has an item called PROMO CODE with a box to include text or
> numbers I assume. I actually dont know what to include in there (if
> anything) before I continue with the purchase? Do I have to put in the
> licence key for FMPro 8 or something else? Do I need to do this to be
> eligible for the upgrade? How can I check if I am eligible before I
> buy just to make sure?
>
> I sent Filemaker an email with the above info but havnt heard boo.
>
> Are you able to advise me on this Pete?
>
> regards
> Chris
>
> On 26/08/2010, at 8:50 AM, Peter Hinchliffe wrote:
>

>> On 26/08/2010, at 8:29 AM, Bill Parker wrote:
>>

>>> Thanks for that advice Peter.   I use FM 10 with great success - do
>>> you recommend the upgrade to 11?
>>>

>>> Bill
>>
>> Inasmuch as I generally recommend using the latest version of your
>> mission-critical software, my answer would be Yes. However, if
>> you're not reall in the position of a dedicated Filemaker developer,
>> or your current solution doing everything you want, Filemaker 10 is
>> fine. There are several significant improvements in Filemaker 11
>> even for the user however, most notably being Saved Finds, a new
>> Inspector palette, a new Quick Find field (performs a Google-like
>> search on you entire database in the one field) and a new Quick
>> Reports tool in Table View. Are are many more improvements under
>> hood as well, though many of them are refinements of features
>> introduced in Filemaker 10. You can go to http://
>> www.filemaker.com.au for full details.
>>
>> The really big thing with Filemaker 11 is that it s now a full Cocoa-
>> based application. This has had an affect on the way some long-
>> standing features work, but by and large it's the same package
>> you're used to.
>>
>> Peter Hinchliffe        Apwin Computer Services
>> FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
>> Perth, Western Australia
>> Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 064 948

---
Daniel Kerr
MacWizardry

Phone: 0414 795 960