Hi Peter

With Wii's basic offering, there is news and weather which requires a
connection to the internet. Gaming options are presumably game specific, but
Mario Kart comes with the option of playing other gamers around the globe.

Wii doesn't provide general internet on your TV so far as I know, but I haven't
looked into the full suite of Wii applications.

Cheers, Steven