Hi David,

To be "Super Sure" that the New Name Change is everywhere,
Go into System Preferences > Network  - Advanced - and click on WINS and change
the NetBIOS Name: to whatever you have decided to name the MacBook.

Then Quit System Preferences and Re-Boot the MacBook.

Now you should not have any problems on the Network.