Hi Ronni
Sorry I had not come back earlier.  You have no idea how quickly the day/weeks
fill up when retired

I do not fully understand your reply.

I have tried/experimented with the formats of both Pedigree and cascading
pedigree charts and do see value in both of these.

In the second part of your reply you said
Pull down the menu, Create.... then click on Pedigree chart
Choose how many generations you want to show on the chart.              Am
happy on all of that

What followed is the part I did not understand

Then pull the Tree menu---to orientation
You will have a choice of Waterfall, left to right etc

I could not find those headings. Could you please expand or clarify for for me?

Cheers

Graeme
On 25/08/2010, at 6:30 PM, Ronda Brown wrote:

> Hi Graeme,
>
> Does the Cascading Pedigree give you what you want?
> From the Reunion menu bar at the top of your display go to Create, and near
> the bottom of the popup list click on Cascading Pedigree.
>
> Pull down the menu, Create....then click on Pedigree chart.
> You can then choose how many generations you want to show on the chart.
> Then pull down the Tree Menu---to orientation.
> You will have a choice of Waterfall, Left to Right, Right to Left, Top to
> Bottom, etc.
>
> Cheers,
> Ronni
>
> On 25/08/2010, at 5:38 PM, Graeme Winters wrote:
>

>> Is there anyone within the WAMUG group using Reunion for Mac
>> This is a family tree package designed specifically for the Mac
>>
>> My current issue is this
>> Having entered data for some 7 families or over 650 names,  I then opted to
>> print a pedigree chart for my youngest grandchild
>> This printed chart covers 7 generations and when printed covers 12 A4
>> sheets. In this format the chart is quite readable although it could be
>> reduced in size a little.
>> I then taped and joined the 12 pages into an impressive chart , however the
>> joins were not good and I had to do much trimming to make the chart at all
>> reasonable in appearance.
>>
>> Thinking that I could get a better job done by Office Works ( whose printing
>> costs seem to be better than most ) Office Works were unable to open the
>> .boxchart file
>>
>> I then tried saving this as a pdf file but the system would only allow a
>> pdf.boxchart suffix
>> Again the printer could not open the file
>>
>> When I come to print a descendants chart I see that I will have the same
>> problem. Again this will be up to 7 generations but the chart will spread
>> both north and south as well as east and west
>>
>> Does anyone have any experience with Reunion?
>>

>> Graeme
>> iMac 27"
>> Intel Core 2 Duo 3.06GHz
>> 4GB 1067MHz RAM / 1TB