Hi Peter,

Sounds like Safari is not holding the standard default print setting.

Try troubleshooting the Safari .plist file.

Home > Library > Preferences - Move the "com.apple.Safari.plist" file from the
Preferences folder to the Desktop.
Now launch Safari.

Check your Printer's Preview that the Print Settings are what you wish … A4 -
Portrait 100%.

See if Safari prints as it should. If so move the .plist file to the Trash.

Once Safari prints in Portrait 100%, it should hold that as Default. Safari
holds the last print setting as Default (or should).