HI Peter

I run Windows XP as that is all the software I run requires.  So maybe think
about what you wish to run and its requirements now and for the near future,
and buy the OS to suit. Always the best place to start.  then look at the
requirements for the OS in regard to performance on the machine you have.

Cheers

Kane