Hi Ronni,

Well, I hadn't even heard of "SafeSleep" ;o)

After a bit of googling and reading Apple Support Articles, I'm a bit wiser!

I would be surprised if Entourage was the culprit as I always tend to leave
it (and Firefox) on when I sleep the computer - and for over a year this
hasn't given any problem (I realise this doesn't actually rule it out...)

However, after reading <http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1776> I checked and
found that I do have "Allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer" checked
and realised that I had recently added a wireless trackpad to my set-up.

Since I used a wired keyboard, I don't actually need to wake the computer by
bluetooth - so I've unchecked this option as my first trial "fix" - we will
see how we go.

Thanks for alerting me to some of OSXs sleep "features" - whilst I was aware
of the 3 basic modes of hard drive/display/system sleep, I hadn't
appreciated all the other considerations.

Cheers

Neil
--
Neil R. Houghton