Good morning WAMUG,

I received an unsolicited call on my mobile phone yesterday, from a gentleman
who identified himself as a "Telstra mentor for iPhones".

Nowadays we feel uneasy about the possibility of scams, and so although this
seemed to be legitimate and probably is, I have not heard of  a Telstra mentor
from anyone.  Yes, we do not want to be paranoid, but....

He asked me for my email address, which I did give to him, and he offered to
help me with any problems that I may be having with the new phone.  I explained
that it was not a good time for me just then so we ended the call.   He sent me
an email shortly after this.

The email tells me how to check the data usage on my iPhone.  He also gave me
instructions on how to make the phone ring longer.

Just now, as he had also told me would happen, I received a text message -
which I am meant to respond to rating his "helpfulness".

Has anyone else had such a phone call or is this perhaps a scam?  Hopefully not!

Looking forward to comments from the WAMUG group!

Peta