From: "Ronda Brown" <ro...@mac.com>
Sent: Monday, 31 January, 2011 11:29:11 AM GMT +08:00 Beijing / Chongqing /
Hong Kong / Urumqi
Subject: Re: macbook late 2007 problem

Hi Lynn,

Firstly, I would suggest you don’t keep trying to boot-up MacBook. Shut it down
and leave it alone until you can get the Data off the Hard Drive.
The more you try to use the Hard Drive the less chance you have of being able
to recover the Data.

Secondly: Looking back through WAMUG Archives, I found you listed your MacBook
details as:

Mac Specs:
Model Name:    MacBook
Processor Name:    Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed:    2 GHz
Number Of Processors:    1
Total Number Of Cores:    2
L2 Cache:    4 MB
Memory:    1 GB
Bus Speed:    667 MHz
FireWire Bus Maximum Speed:    Up to 400 Mb/sec
System Version:    Mac OS X 10.5.8

Your MacBook ‘might’ be eligible for: 'MacBook Repair Extension Program for
Hard Drive Issues'

< http://www.apple.com/support/macbook/hd/repairextension/ >

"Apple Admits MacBook Hard Drives Defective, Offers Free Repair Program”
"Eligible models (black and white MacBooks sold between May 2006 and December
2007) affected by the problem will be repaired at no cost.”

"If Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider confirms that your hard drive
is affected, Apple will replace it with a new hard drive.
You will need to have the original OS installation discs that were shipped with
your product in order to re-install your operating system, other applications,
and any backed up data.”

<
http://gigaom.com/apple/apple-admits-macbook-hard-drives-defective-offers-free-repair-program/

Take your MacBook to an Apple Authorized Service Provider and ask them to check
it.