From: "Ronda Brown" <ro...@mac.com>
Sent: Saturday, 19 March, 2011 11:17:22 AM GMT +08:00 Beijing / Chongqing /
Hong Kong / Urumqi
Subject: Re: custom ringtone selection on iphone 4

Hi Lynn,

You can do as many custom ringtones as you wish.

Do as many as you want but make sure you can see multiple ringtones on the
Ringtones section of your iTunes application.
Follow the steps on my original post until it asks you to Sync.
Before you sync your iPhone you need to make sure couple of things.

Click on the iPhone item on the left side of iTunes and make sure the “Manually
mange music and videos” option is unchecked.

Then on the “Ringtones” tab , make sure the “ Sync Ringtones” option is checked
and then the “Selected ringtones” option is selected.
Also, make sure to choose more than one ringtones that you would like to sync.

Also, one another thing to make sure might be to keep your ringtones music
length to less than 30 seconds.
Apple claims to allow up to 30 seconds but I would try to keep it as small as
possible.
The sample ringtones used for this demonstration are 9 seconds and 12 seconds.

At this point of time, you are good to sync your iPhone. Once sync completes
you should be able to see multiple ringtones on your iPhone if you go into
“Settings” > “Sounds” > “Ringtone”.

As you must have realized adding multiple ringtones to your iPhone is not that
complicated. There are couple of things that you need to make sure and follow
the above instructions.

17" MacBook Pro Intel Core i7
2.66GHz / 8GB / 1067 MHz DDR3 / 500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200rpm

OS X 10.6.6 Snow Leopard