Jewels, you don't mention which version of Excel - this answer relevant to
version 12.2.4 but probably similar if not the same for other versions. It
could be your auto calculation preference settings.

Excel > Preferences > Calculation icon > make sure "Calculate sheets" is set to
Automatic.

I vaguely recall my spreadsheet calculations stopped working once, and for some
reason this setting had changed from Automatic ... automatically.

Cheers, Steven