Morning,

Thank's Ronnie for the info for ejecting a thumb drive,correctly.

Reason for doing this is to empty all directories/folders including hidden
directories/folders.

OS X has hidden folders those that are preceded by a dot hence .Trashes where
those files appeared from.
Spotlight and other applications or Services utilise such folders also.

Viewable within terminal, by typing ls -a at prompt then drag icon at top of
finder folder opened at said device.
Looking something like this within terminal at prompt ls - a  /volumes/Lexar
then enter which reveals all folders on drive, including . or ._. etc....

So, unless Ronnie's procedures are followed you still have files in .Trashes or
more, also this is what recovery programs and FSCK use to rebuild drives.

When viewing these devices within windows they will appear also with other
appendices.

Cheers!
`RobD...