I don't mean to be annoying, but part of Joe Baker's question was about getting
started with mobile phones, sim cards, etc.  This describes my situation.  I
have never had a mobile phone because my house is in an area that has no mobile
coverage except from Telstra.  Telstra treated us very badly in the past and I
am determined to avoid them as much as possible.  I now have a new iPad with 3G
capability (and I would like to buy an iPhone):  my thought is to buy a prepaid
sim card for the iPad.  The plethora of plans and 'deals' is mind boggling.
Perhaps the question to WAMUG should be, are there any good sources of
information about these matters, tutorials, etc.

Pat