Hi Severin,

I was wondering ­ are these freeze-ups something that started happening in
the last year or so?

I know when I first got Broadband in Albany around 4 years ago, my
connection would stay up for many months on end without re-connecting ­ then
I would get the occasional lock-up which seems to have got more frequent
over the last year. As you say, it is immediately fixable by re-booting the
modem ­ though it has resulted in a few extra phone charges when we hadn¹t
noticed the modem had locked and the outgoing calls went through Telstra
instead of VOIP :o(

I had just put it down to the modem getting a bit old (around 4 years also)
­ but sometimes I do wonder if it is Telstra playing silly buggers down at
the exchange!

I am with Internode but they don¹t have their own gear in the Albany
exchange- so it all goes through the Telstra hardware - I would guess it is
the same for you with Westnet?

So, have you noticed an increase in freeze-ups over the last year or so?

Cheers

Neil
--
Neil R. Houghton