Morning muggers

I am unable to rotate various annotations I have done on some google earth
images (tiffs and jpgs) in Mac Preview, for my presentation this week. Im sure
I have done it previously in OS 10.5.8, but am not sure if this has changed in
10.6.8 on my new laptop?

I need to rotate some text boxes and elispses and have  tried all manner of key
combinations to no avail.
I have also done searches and cant find anything and the help menu doesnt
mention it?

Can someone please help me on this as I am becoming a little anxious?

Best regards and thanks for any advice

Chris