Good morning Chris & All,

I am not sure if this can help, but I do not have the Analysis ToolPak in my
Office 2011 version (latest one). Instead this I what Excel returns when I
did a search for the Analysis Tool:

Cause: Excel 2011 does not include the Analysis ToolPak.
Solution: Download StatPlus:mac LE for free from AnalystSoft, and then use
StatPlus:mac LE with Excel 2011.

You can use StatPlus:mac LE to perform many of the functions that were
previously available in the Analysis ToolPak, such as regressions,
histograms, analysis of variance (ANOVA), and t-tests.

   1.

   Visit the AnalystSoft Web
site<http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=148188>[image:
   Click this link to open a browser
window.]<http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=148188>,
   and then follow the instructions on the download page.
   2.

   After you have downloaded and installed StatPlus:mac LE, open the
   workbook that contains the data that you want to analyze.
   3.

   Open StatPlus:mac LE. The functions are located on the StatPlus:mac LE
   menus.

Note  Excel 2011 does not include Help for StatPlus:mac LE. Help for
StatPlus:mac LE is provided by AnalystSoft.
Hope this can help.

Kind regards,

Philippe Chaperon

2011/7/3 Chris Burton <c...@it.net.au>

> Hi Ronni
>
> Thanks very much for your reply and link. I had another good look at the
> installation disk and found the customise section and included the VBA
> install.
>
> However there is no sign of the Analysis ToolPak.
> When I reopened Excel I have a small window appear, saying 'Cannot find the
> Analysis ToolPak'. Please run the ValuePack Setup to install the Analysis
> ToolPak.
>
> There is no ValuePak Setup on my mac or on the install DVD? Do I need to
> download this?
>
> Kindest regards and many thanks Ronni
>
> Chris
>

> On 02/07/2011, at 2:02 PM, Ronda Brown wrote:
>

> > On 02/07/2011, at 1:30 PM, Chris Burton <c...@it.net.au> wrote:
> >
> >> Also had another shock today while trying to do some basic stats in the
> new Excel 2011 but couldnt do anything as this version does not support the
> Analysis ToolPak, and add in normally supplied with previous versions.
> >>
> >> Apparently Microsoft are not doing this any longer so I have to  revert
> to 3rd party software!!
> >
> > Hi Chris,
> >
> > Did you perform a standard installation or custom installation of Mac
> Office?
> >
> > Microsoft returned the Analysis Toolpak add-in that it removed from Excel
> 2008.
> > Microsoft says that the new version of Excel supports the add-in the same
> way Excel 2008 did, and that the add-in’s basic functions work in Excel 2011
> >
> > Have a read here:
> > 2011 without UDFs?
> > <http://blog.mclaughlinsoftware.com/2010/11/04/excel-2011-without-udfs/>
> >
> > Sent from Ronni's iPad
> >

> > -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> > Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>

J Philippe Chaperon
Perth, Australie Occidentale