As Reg has already mentioned if your iPhone is a G3S or iPhone 4 try personal
hotspot (tethering)
Keep a close eye on your Data download though as it does use it pretty quick.

<http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2756>

<http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3574>

17" MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Quad-Core i7 “Thunderbolt"
2.3GHz / 8GB / 750GB @ 7200rpm HD

OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard
Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)