The need for me to test the suggestions took a long time to arise again, but
internet tethering via the iPhone was the perfect solution. Thanks Reg.

The only question left open is why I never knew about this before, wasting
money on internet dongles along the way :-( Oh well, better late than never.

A negative about my iPhone 3GS I noticed along the way ... it's reception for
3G is a whole lot poorer than the Nokia X5 I had alongside it. I don't know if
the X5 can do what the iPhone can do though in terms of internet tethering.

Steven