Hey Neil,

I know you don’t like ready the Manual (neither do I), but it is amazing what
you find in the Manual ;-)

Page 127 of the manual:

"Take a screenshot of iPhone’s display:
Quickly press and release the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time.
A flash of the screen lets you know the screenshot  was taken.
The screenshot is added to the Camera Roll. “

<http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/iPhone_User_Guide.pdf>

You will only be able to email the screenshot, you can't upload them to a
website.

You can use iPhoto on your Mac to import the photo from the iPhone's Camera
Roll.

17" MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Quad-Core i7 “Thunderbolt"
2.3GHz / 8GB / 750GB @ 7200rpm HD

OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard
Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)