Hi Ronni

This will need more investigation by me.  I had a quick look at Doug's
AppleScripts site and saw several items of interest.

As you suggested, it seems there is a 255 character limit for user input in
iTunes.  The 'OH!' moment was the use of the term 'long description' which I
didn't know about.   it appears the long description is built into the movie
itself and many people want to transfer that information into iTunes.    I find
there are a lot of threads in the forums about this.   Now I will give a deeper
look at iTunes tags and the discussion threads now I know what to look for.
(I've been avoiding AppleScripts and Automator and other arcane Mac things.)
Perhaps I will just have to hone my writing skills to make a movie synopsis and
Apple TV comment in just a sentence or two.

Thanks very much for your response.

Cheers
Alan