Google gets a perpetual, irrevocable licence to your content on Google+.

Facebook also gets rights to content you upload to Facebook ...
"For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos
and videos ("IP content"), you specifically give us the following
permission, subject to yourprivacy <http://www.facebook.com/privacy/>
and application
settings <http://www.facebook.com/editapps.php>: you grant us a
non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license
to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Facebook ("IP
License"). "

You can kind-of take back what you have given to Facebook ...but there is a
catch:
"This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless
your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it."

Seems social media is a bit like Hotel Calfornia: you can check out anytime,
but you might not really leave.

Glenn Nicholas