After a preliminary play with Lion, my first impression was that it seems to
have taken a step or two backwards in terms of slick Apple interface.

I can't put my finger on it, but it just seems to have lost a little of that
smooth rounded aqua finesse and polish that I've become used to with Snow
Leopard. Somehow Lion seems to be a tad clunkier, maybe just a tiny bit tacky
in places. No doubt I'll get used to it. Maybe my expectations were set too
high. I'm only talking aesthetics at this stage, I haven't had chance to play
with the under-the-hood changes.

Steven