On 22/07/2011, at 11:40 AM, Tim Law wrote:

> Do I assume that the swiping and dragging feature is only relevant to
> laptop users?
> And that desktop users don't get any benefit from this particular part of
> Lion?
>
> Tim

Gestures are only part of the feature set. Of more importance IMHO are the big
hitters such as Versions, Mission Control (wonderful once you get used to it),
Autosave, Launchpad (which initially I could not see a use for on a non-iOS
device) and lots and lots of small yet important improvements (folder merge,
for just one example).

Gestures can easily be emulated by judicial use of function keys and/or screen
corners if you don't go go out and get a Magic Trackpad. They are by no means
the only benefit of Lion.

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 046 948