Hi Ronni,

No, I have not added more RAM yet. You recommended at least 8G of RAM but
my iMac8,1 will only take 6G anyway. So that must limit thousands of
people like me with that model of iMac. I keep looking out for other
people with the same problem.

I kept experimenting and removed every application that would not work
with Lion, (as per your instruction to someone else,) and turned off
EarthDesk. I also completely removed MS Office2008 and am using NeoOffice
(which is great).

So I am now down to using very few applications and I make sure I turn
them all off before sending it to Sleep.

I tempted fate with my comments last night and it froze again this
morning. (But then, it was a cold night :-)) )

Thanks

Lloyd