Hi Gary,

With attachments it is always best practice to:

1.Always include file extensions (.doc, .pdf etc)

2.Always use ‘Windows-friendly’ format (which omits resource forks, if they
exist) usually makes them friendlier for Macs too.
To tell Mail to use Windows-friendly encoding for all new messages, choose Edit
> Attachments > Always Send Windows-Friendly Attachments (the default setting).

3. Always use the ‘Attach’ button and set Apple Mail to place attachments at
the bottom of the message
 For all messages, with no message window open: Choose Edit > Attachments >
Always Insert Attachments at End of Message.

Use Rich Text for Graphics.

17" MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Quad-Core i7 “Thunderbolt"
2.3GHz / 8GB / 750GB @ 7200rpm HD

OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard
OS X 10.7 Lion
Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)