Hi Rod

My personal preference with some of these "new upgrades"  is to give it a few
days to "Settle in".That way you can see what (if any) problems people are
having, and work arounds.
Also, if it's your main machine you don't want to be without things "just
incase".
If you have a good backup and happy to jump in as an early adopter, then go for
it...hehe :)

For me, I'm not installing either at the moment. But that's due to a) still
running my main machine in 10.6.8 not Lion and if I change to iCloud to test
then MobileMe won't (or probably  won't) work anymore on my main laptop for
work b) don't have the time to sit and play or trouble shoot if something
should go wrong c) I like to read and see first and d) my iPhone 3Gs isn't
working too well as it is, I don't want to push it over the edge. I'll wait to
I get a new iPhone 4s (hopefully tomorrow). :o)

Then next week,..it might be a different story,...hehe.

I'm sure it will all be fine, but I prefer to be a bit more cautious on day
one. Others may have different opinions,...but each to their own :))

Most days I run out of time for everything I have to do, let alone things I'd
like to do,..so sometimes that's more the reason I don't upgrade straight
away,..lol.
Plus I like to read all the interesting problems and work arounds first :))

Hope that sort of helps.
In then end,.. your call :)))
 hehehe

Kind regards
Daniel

On 13/10/2011, at 4:09 PM, Rod Blitvich wrote:

> So Daniel
> Should we "hold off" on iCloud and IOS 5?
> Or ok to go for it?
> ta
> Blitto
>

> Rod Blitvich
> . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
> 0409 681 256
> rb...@iinet.net.au
> http://web.me.com/blitto
>

> On 13/10/2011, at 1:34 AM, Daniel Kerr wrote:
>
>> Hi All
>>
>> For those who have been waiting, the above is now out...
>>
>> iOS5 can be found via iTunes when your iDevice is plugged in.
>> <http://www.macrumors.com/2011/10/12/apple-releases-ios-5-with-notification-center-imessage-twitter-and-more/>
>>
>> And Lion 10.7.2 with iCloud Support is now available:-
>> <http://www.macrumors.com/2011/10/12/apple-releases-os-x-10-7-2-with-icloud-support/>
>>
>> Want iCloud for anything bar Lion,...sorry, nope. :o( Oh well,... nothing
>> for 10.6.x (yet? - here's hoping).
>>
>> Enjoy
>>

>> Kind regards
>> Daniel