Hi Ronni,

I couldn't work out what the warning from Apple meant - the one that says all
will be lost and I'll be doomed if in the future I stop using iCloud. I'm very,
very reluctant to become a hostage to any service provider or storage host, and
I'm even more reluctant to store client information on a "cloud". For all I
know the server (cloud) could be hosted by Colonel Gaddafi!

And so I was conservative and only attempted to sync Contacts, Calendars and
Reminders and took care to stay away from Documents & Data: there was no way I
was going lo have them removed from my computer and become inaccessible if I
stopped using iCloud.

It also seemed to me that Apple set things up so that the device with the most
recent information upon it over-rode the device with older information on it.
Some of my data goes back to the mid-nineties, especially email addresses. I
don't want to risk losing those.

Regards,

A happy but relieved All Black supporter but didn't the French play well,

Michael.