Hi Ronni,

My first concern with iCloud is whether or not I can control what is sent
to and stored on iCloud.

In other words, if when using Pages I save a document to a specified
folder on my MacBook, will that document be automatically sent to and
saved on iCloud?

I would not want that to happen. I want to choose what I send to iCloud,
as I prefer to have information about matters I'm working on kept on a
computer which is kept under lock and key in my office rather than on a
server located who-knows-where, and potentially accessible by any-one with
hacking skills.

My second concern is the loss of data and documents stored on iCloud if I
cease to subscribe to iCloud. Apple's warning about that is followed by
the assurance that the data and documents would be available on other
devices which are connected to iCloud (including any device I reconnect to
iCloud). That indicates to me that the documents and data are removed from
(or never saved) on any device used to connect to iCloud. Have I
misunderstood things?

Regards,

Michael Hawkins.