Hi Blitto,

'Two Finger Pinch' is an application-specific gesture; not all applications
will recognise this gesture.
You were not trying to use it in Firefox were you?

Press Control Key & use two fingers up & down and Zoom works in all.

Firefox disables two finger pinch/zoom gestures on a Mac.

Safari recognises ’Two Finger Pinch', but Firefox doesn’t. There is a way to
make pinch/zoom work in Firefox if that is where you are experiencing  the
problem.
I won’t bother typing it here unless this is your problem, post back if you
want ‘Pinch/Zoom in Firefox.