Hi Everyone

An update for you on the Nikon Scan software for all those wonderful people who
offered advice.

It works!!

Ronni, I must have installed Rosetta, as I opened NikonScan first go. I then
checked Nikon website and downloaded the 4.02 update which I ran, and it still
works. However talk about going way back in time: Last used in 2003 and since
then no refinement of their software.

I also took advice to download and use the VueScan demo, which also worked
first time. What a huge difference in the user interface from NikonScan. Way
more features and accessibility to manipulate the image. Nikonscan has
virtually none, and in comparison to the interface of modern image software eg
Photoshop, Lightroom etc, it is truely ancient!! Reminiscent of OS9 software!!

But the great thing is that it still works with the new generation stuff!!

You know what: I think Santa is planning on a late visit to my place with Pro
Vuescan in the new year!! Great how he does that!!

I would like to thank everyone for your great advice; just awesome!

Kindest regards and a very merry and enjoyable christmas to all

Chris

Christopher L.K. Burton
Director
Western Whale Research