Hi Severin,

Just a quick comment. Does the MB have Airport listed as first Network
Connection type to try to connect to in System Preferences > Network?

Open: System Preferences>>Network

At the left, in the pane listing ways in which your computer connects to the
internet (Ethernet, VPN, AirPort, etc.)

If Airport isn't the first listed, drag it to the top. So the MB looks for a
Airport Network first.

If Airport was listed first, try this:

At the bottom of this pane there are (+)(-)(cog) buttons that correspond to
(add method)(remove method)(other options dropdown)

Highlight: Airport and hit - to remove.
Immediately hit + and choose AirPort for the interface type.
Click: Create

Sent from Ronni's iPad