hello Ronni
thanks for all the tips & tricks, the problem is when it crashes it's not
always blue screen, but always the situation that the mouse/trackpad cursor can
be moved around & the buttons & also the whole keyboard is locked up, the only
button that works is the power button
force shutdown & start again is the only way
it's always when i quit an app, never before or after
i'm following up the suggestion with 10.6.8 combo update (......but i have
10.6.8 installed) a rerun doesn't hurt i assume
James

SAD Technic
U3 6 Chalkley Pl
Bayswater WA
Australia
+618 9370 5307
mob 0414 421132 (international +614 14421132)
sad...@iinet.net.au
http://www.members.iinet.net.au/~saddas/

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties
disappear and obstacles vanish.