Hi Neil,

If you don't migrate to iCloud you will lose your @me.com address after June.
Apple will send you a few emails after the end of MobileMe suggesting you
upgrade to iCloud I would imagine before they ‘delete’ your @me.com email.

If you migrate the email, contacts, calendars and bookmarks will be transferred
to iCloud. The email address will stay the same.

>> That would be right - a couple of months after I decided to spring for the
>> $39 and buy the SL to update my older iMac to match my main iMac (which came
>> with SL installed).

The offer is a targeted program intended for MobileMe members who need to
upgrade their systems in order to move to iCloud rather than a general price
cut for all purchasers of Snow Leopard.

17" MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Quad-Core i7 “Thunderbolt"
2.3GHz / 8GB / 750GB @ 7200rpm HD

OS X 10.7.3 Lion
Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)